Friday, June 1, 2007

Week 13

Spelling and grammatical mistakes annoy me. Yes, they are the bain of my eXistenZ. I cannot stand when I go to a shop (e.g. Coles) and a sign reads;

"Brushed potatoe's
only $2.67/kilogram"

"Potatoe's?" does the potato own only? If so (which doesn't make sense) would it not be spelt 'Potato'. Yet, while I am usually a stifler for speling, I can't help but become a terrible speller everytime I use NCT. Whether I be blogging, MSNing, or texting my skill's pervade me. My attention to detail dissappears!

In the final exam today (where there were a few mistakes I noted), my spelling skills and also my reasoning skills abandonded me. I was glad we were only colouring in dots. What I hate about Multiple choice is the two true answers that test my knowledge. I know other courses do it aswell, but It needs to stop. However, I was pleased to find there were jokes interspersed through the exam. Thankyou.

No comments: